What Documents Do I Need for My Santa Maria Short Sale?

Every Lender is Different and there are types of short sales as well.  Some borrowers are eligible for a streamlined short sale that requires virtually no documentation from the borrower.  In a streamlined short sale, the lender simply values the property and says yes or no to the buyer’s offer.  I’ve completed streamlined short sales for Fannie Mae and with Bank of America.  How do you know if you are eligible for a no documentation short sale?  In my experience, most of the time you don’t.  The bank notifies you once you begin the short sale process.  Most other short sales require financial documents from the borrower.  Often borrowers why the banks need all these documents.  In general, they are documenting your financial situation for the investor who is agreeing to take a loss on your loan.  Typically, banks require:

foldersHardship Letter or Affidavit
Financial Statement
Two years tax returns
Two years W-2 forms
(if not self employed)

Year to date profit and loss statement
(if self employed)

IRS 4506-T form
Two months bank statements (checking and saving)
Two months business checking and savings

The financial statement can vary in terms of its form.  Some banks will accept a free form financial statement of monthly income and expenses.  Other banks have their own form (Wells Fargo, Specialized Loan Servicing, and Greentree for example)  And, the Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives short sale program (HAFA) has a document called the Request for Modification and Affidavit (RMA) with a Frank Dodd Certification that serves as the financial statement for a HAFA short sale..  This is the same set of documents used when applying for a Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) loan modification, so it may look familiar to borrowers who have previously applied for a loan mod.

Before deciding whether a short sale of your home is right for you, it is essential that you obtain legal and tax advice, and consult with an experienced local short sale agent. If you are considering a short sale of your Central Coast home and would like a complimentary short sale consultation, please call my office to schedule an in person meeting or a telephone consultation at (805) 878-9879.

Tni LeBlanc is an independent Real Estate Broker, Attorney, and Short Sale Agent. She has successfully completed short sales with Bank of America, Wells Fargo, CHASE , GMAC, Seterus, IndyMac, CitiMortgage, Green Tree Servicing, Specialized Loan Servicing,  HomEq Servicing, Wachovia, Coast Hills Federal Credit Union, Select Portfolio Servicing, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac,  and others.  

* Nothing in this article is intended to solicit listings currently under contract with another broker. This article offers no legal or tax advice. Those considering a short sale are advised to consult with their own attorney for legal advice, and their tax professional for tax advice prior to entering into a short sale listing agreement.  Tni LeBlanc and Mint properties are not affiliated or endorsed by any lender.

Copyright ©2013 Tni LeBlanc *What Documents Do I Need for My Santa Maria Short Sale?*

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can
take care of it!

Legal Notice

The content provided on this website is presented or compiled for your convenience and is provided for informational purposes only. The information provided on this website should not be construed as offering legal, financial or other advice to be relied on by the reader to make or refrain from making any decision or to take any action. The investment, mortgage or financial services or strategies mentioned in and throughout this website may not be suitable for you. Nothing on this website should be construed as a solicitation of properties currently under contract with another broker. Mint Properties is not associated with the government, and our service is not approved by the government or your lender. Even if you accept this offer and use our service, your lender may not agree to change your loan. Practice limited to the State of California. Solicitations, negotiations and any resulting agreements are deemed offered and accepted in California and California law to be applied to any contractual matter or otherwise is the state of California, to which all subject matter and personal jurisdiction is exclusively conferred. CA DRE LICENSE #01871795